7/26/10

The Empty Space

Can you guess what this is???



We had an empty space. A skinny tall wall right above our toilet. I've been wanting something to occupy the space but could never decide what would be fitting. I mean, what do you hang over your toilet? After all, it can be "looked at" quite a bit. This is what was hanging over my toilet growing up (this is a weird post and I apologize-it all comes together in the end, I promise):



The pink bonnet girl.

So, I finally figured out what to do. I decided to make an affordable and easy wreath to hang in the empty space. You can never go wrong with a wreath. I took an old book that I had to read for a Sociology class in college titled "Nickel and Dimed". I apologize to the author of this book but it was not worthy of a Pulitzer Prize - actually, not even close. I tore the book apart page by page and started gluing. I ended up with this-I think it turned out rather cute:


Now the empty space if filled, and a book covered in dust is now lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment