7/17/10

Fourth of July Weekend

I'm sorry it has taken awhile for me to get this post out to you. Daniel and I have both had a stomach virus this week and it's just been awful! But, we are back to normal for the most part and that's why I'm getting this post out now. I know I have blogged about the Farragut parade before, but for those of you who are new readers I will give you a little background info. The Farragut parade is a tradition for us. It always has patriotic dandies like donkeys, dressed up dogs, people who have no reason to be in the parade and just want to walk a little, clowns, and cute little old people! So, basically it's never anything flashy or amazing, it's just good ol' hometown fun and you never know what you are going to see. Here is Benni getting ready for her first parade:


The boy scouts and the Farragut Pep Band- When the piccolos started playing Benni tinkled all over my shirt-I guess she prefers brass

Here is Holly (the Galloway's dog) freaking out when the motorcycle cops came through:




This was Daniel's favorite part of the parade- a cute little puppet on top of a car (this year's parade was lacking a little bit)
Here is Breck (my brother-in-law) representin' Fleenor Security System-He gave us the good candy:

It wouldn't be the Farragut Parade without donkeys!



Here is the Ellis family (Josh, Michelle, Carson and Chloe-Josh works at State Farm-they gave out footballs and snow cones!)



A dog pulling some other dogs in a wagon-makes since right?




And last but not least, nothing says happy fourth of July like a creepy haunted corn maze:






I hope everyone had a safe and happy fourth! It was busy for us, but one of our favorite weekends nonetheless. Get excited, I will be posting our Twilight Party pictures soon. Have a happy Sunday.

1 comment: