6/8/11

Day #4


On Tuesday we started out the morning getting on the subway to head to Central Park. On the way down the steps we literally ran into Daniel and Morgan Batton (they go to our church)! How crazy is that? They were here for a long weekend with her sister and her husband. I thought that was so neat. Out of every subway stop in NYC and the entire city that we were at the same place at the same time. Crazy!

In the morning we went to the Central Park Zoo:





This is Gus the polar bear. He has been at the zoo for 25 years. He swims back and forth continuously.




Here is the monologue of two British guys standing behind us (say this in your best British accent):

Guy: "I wish I had a friend as cool as a polar bear"
His friend gives him a disgusted look
Guy: "I mean, you're close, you're close....but you don't do that!"

I just thought that was hilarious!









After the zoo we grabbed lunch at a food cart. A hot dog and pretzel. We ate it on a bench in Central Park. We had to leave our spot though because there was a little man making balloon animals and he had the most pitiful little face you could ever imagine. I was about to cry for him because he made me so sad. When I was on the verge of tears another man walked up selling balloon animals too in a tye-dyed outfit and he made me sad too. And THEN an old man with a cart came up to the trash can and was digging out the plastic bottles and aluminum cans! Needless to say, we had to move due to my sensitivity.







Playstation Store:





Me trying to figure out how in the world to play the Toy Story 3 game on some gadget:


That night we got all dolled up and went to The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.
A.....MA.....ZING!






I cried a lot because the music was so impressive
Music always gets me emotional


Daniel pretending to be the Phantom back in our hotel room:


It was a great day. I am still a day off in my posting. Today we went to the Lion King on Broadway and the Yankees/Red Sox game. It was awesome! There is a lot to write on this day so I don't have time for that tonight. I will post about today tomorrow again.


No comments:

Post a Comment