6/4/11

I Heart NY

Daniel and I are finally on vacation in the Big Apple! We left Knoxville this morning on our flight at 6 a.m. When we landed at LaGuardia we hopped on a Super Shuttle. The drive over was definitely interesting. I think we almost crashed about 50 times. I just closed my eyes and hoped for our hotel to be the next stop. We are staying at the New Yorker Hotel:

Here is our hotel room:



Thankfully when we arrived around 10 a.m. they already had our room ready. We dropped off our luggage and headed downstairs to the Tick Tock Diner in the hotel for some lunch. We each had a hamburger and fries. I know it sounds funny at 10 a.m. but we were starving. After 'lunch' we headed back upstairs and took a very long nap. We didn't sleep at all last night while preparing for the trip. After our nap we went to Macy's:


After Macy's we grabbed dinner at NY Pizza Suprema. It was voted one of NY's top 10 pizzerias:
It was definitely worth being in the top 10. Here is my pizza slice - Basil Margherita:


Daniel got the white pizza and sausage:


All of our slices were so good we went back for one more. The chicken parmigiana:



I think we might have to visit here again if time allows. The little pizzeria was so cute and CLEAN! They were playing Frank Sinatra while we ate (Frank is one of my favorites)!

Tonight we are watching Knight and Day in our room and relaxing. I will try to keep updates on our trip. Have a great week!





2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I hope you guys have a GREAT week! Looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God to hear you had safe travels and are having a wonderful start to your vacation! Thanks for taking us along with you during your NYC trip via pictures and blog.....looking forward to hearing all about it in person when you return! (As a side note, did you really just rate a restaurant on it's cleanliness? You truly are Butch Smith's daughter.) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete